TECHNICAL SKILLS (Subjectively Grouped by Level of Experience)
High: SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Visual Studio, Team Foundation Server, SAP Crystal Reports, MS Power BI Suite (Power Query, Power Pivot, Power View), MS Office Suite, After Effects, Premier, Dream Weaver, Photoshop, Illustrator, 3DS Max, Azure, SharePoint, SFTP, InDesign, HTML, Audacity
Medium: DAX, M, SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), CSS, AutoCAD, MS CRM Development, Flash, Pixologic Zbrush, Maya, Blender, WordPress Customization, VB, VBA, SAP BusinessObjects Web Intelligence
Low: Assembly/ISA, C#, C++, ASP.NET, R, PHP, SAS, R, PowerShell, PSPP, Java Script, Java (eclipse IDE), Lightscape, IBM Informix, Oracle, Cisco UCCX
Analytics Ontime, Inc. – Automated Reporting and Analytics as a Service
September 2014 – Current
Founder, President, Developer
- Manage configuration of virtual servers via MS Azure
- Stood up SQL servers to use for Data Warehousing and Reporting
- Installed and configured SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Developed reports in SSRS
- Created ETL processes using SSIS jobs
- Configured active directory permissions for SSRS
- Configured e-mail client for scheduled report delivery
- Configured SFTP client for data transfers
- Designed and developed company website using wordpress, with custom code in CSS, HTML PHP
- Managed Search Engine Optimization (SEO) for website
- Designed and created databases, including tables, views, stored procedures, ERDs, and functions
- Managed data migration
Reverse Mortgage Solutions, Inc. / Mortgage Asset Systems, LLC – Reverse Mortgage Originations, Servicing, REO Management, and Software Development
Modeling & Analytics Manager (Reporting & Analytics Department)
October 2013 – Current (Working remote from Ohio since May 2015)
- Built out team of 7 Report Developers and Analysts to support all areas of the company, focused on ad-hock reporting, and recurring reporting, operational and financial analysis, trend and forecast modeling, and data mining and analysis
- Assisted with design and oversaw development of a data warehouse, which included more than 8 internal and external data sources, consisting of thousands of tables. Worked with various parties to develop cleansing and structuring processes for unstructured data, in preparation for data warehouse import.
- Developed and deployed automated reporting environment using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), including full development, test, and production release process.
- Built models and reporting that provided analysis and insight into various areas of the business in order to improve efficiency, resolve issues, satisfy audits, and help make important financial and operational decisions.
- Collaborated with Enterprise Project Management Office to define enhancement requirements for multiple applications
- Increased efficiency and automation for various reports and processes
- Improved client satisfaction and regulatory compliance
- Built a centralized System Enhancement and Report Request process via SharePoint and InfoPath used for nearly all IT applications
- Designed and implemented internal departmental capacity and prioritization model which automatically load-balanced work between developers and assigned estimated completion dates.
- Built Model for Projecting Curtailed Loans through Default to Claims, with controls to satisfy SOX
- Performance Tracking Reports of curtailed loans based on Curtailment Projection Model
- Supported project to transition curtailment model into an IT Production environment
- Worked with business to implement operational processes and controls to reduce curtailment exposure
Accounting, Finance, Treasury, HR
- Worked with Accounting to redesign Reserve Methodology on Unpaid Corporate Advances, greatly reducing reserve balances and enabling RMS to be profitable for 2014.
- Designed new cost centers to help align P&L reporting with business. (Cost Center Redesign 1)
- Supported implementation of functional costing structure (Cost Center Redesign 2). Helped to define new cost centers, cost center roll-ups, and general ledger account roll-ups, with alignment to the business and personnel, and developed data structures to organize the information in a relational format.
- Profit & Loss Reporting with Actuals vs Budget Variance Tracking
- GNMA Buyout Projection of Loans Through Default with Performance Tracking – For loans RMS has bought out from GNMA and are in default, this model shows where they should be in the process vs where they actually are. It also shows potential delay indicators, such as bankruptcy, short sale, and litigation.
- Personnel Reporting (using Cost Center Redesign 1, and then 2), including metrics for active employees, hiring activity, turn over, contractor and contractor conversion, and open positions
- Produced profitability analyses on various clients that focused on Servicing and REO expenses and revenues, including financing carrying costs for expenses paid on behalf of and eventually reimbursed by the client (corporate advances).
- Assisted with conversion from old to new general ledger software (AMB to SAP) and actively work to identify and reconcile posting issues for revenue and expense accounts.
- Implemented reporting which covers multiple systems (2 Lead Management Systems, 3 Loan Originations Systems)
- Loan Officer Performance Reporting – Identified which Loan Officers were over or under performing. Used to identify and reward high performers, and identify underperforming loan officers resulting in corrective training or termination.
- Lead Performance Reporting – Measures success, costs, and ROI of various lead campaigns.
- Assumed responsibility for, automated, and enhanced, 20+ manual reports which were orphaned due to personnel/location attrition.
- Lead and Loan Officer Geo-Spatial Analysis – Measures coverage of Loan Officers and compares against purchased leads.
- Cost to Service Model – Shows RMS’s expense to service a single loan per month, separated into variable, fixed, and active, default components. This is used for analyzing and trending our efficiency, projecting portfolio costs, and pricing new portfolios.
- Key Performance Indicator (KPI) Reporting for all major departments
- Analysis of time it takes RMS to Securitize a loan after boarding to the servicing system.
- Servicing Capacity Model 1 – High level capacity model on historical data which shows the relationship between loans and variable staffing. Does not show by function and does not have a projection component.
- REO Property Forecast Model – Projects property volumes through each phase of REO, from boarding to sale.
- REO Capacity Model – For historical information shows if level of variable staffing was over or under capacity based on property volume. Uses Forecast Model to project needed staffing per department based on projection of property volume.
- REO Profitability Model – Shows historical and projects future revenue and expenses based on Property Forecast and Capacity Models.
- Vendor and Staffing KPIs & Scorecards
- Assumed responsibility as liaison between RMS and Cisco UCCX reporting vendor SMSI.
- Developed phone reports using SAP BusinessObjects Web Intelligence in the SMSI environment.
Green Tree Servicing – Mortgage Originations, Servicing, and REO Management
Sr. Business Analyst (Asset Management Department)
September 2010 – October 2013
- Worked with various business owners to design and implement new business processes
- Implemented system workflows to automate and control the movement of assets through the business cycle
- Developed new reporting structures to link assets and inventory directly to cost centers
- Improved ETL and DB designs through optimization and restructuring
- Established key performance indicators for various business sectors
- Designed and implemented asset scoring model
- Developed stored procedures, functions, and other database objects to satisfy business needs and enhance application capabilities
- Tested new processes prior to full-scale roll out in order to gain insight on effectiveness and profitability
- Site technology support: rectify pc issues, maintain security systems, install/modify networking hardware
Hudson & Keyse LLC (Promoted) – Debt Purchasing, Selling, and Collections
Business Information Analyst (Asset Management Department)
March 2008 – September 2010
- Worked with executives to establish performance “alert” thresholds
- Created reports that provide insight into operational effectiveness and efficiency
- Worked with a team to establish, maintain, and improve fully functional data warehouse
- Created and maintained automated recurrent reporting through Crystal Reports, SQL, SAS, MS Access, and other means
- Participated in system modification projects to improve DW feed and maximize operational insight for business reporting
Hudson & Keyse LLC (Promoted) – Debt Purchasing, Selling, and Collections
Direct Marketing Assistant (Marketing Department)
July 2006 – March 2008
- Worked with a team to establish, maintain, and modify company CRM
- Maintained department budget of over $1M
- Scheduled, organized, and attended trade shows and events
- Developed strategies for optimizing lead generation and market penetration
- Created marketing graphics and animations to improve brand awareness
Hudson & Keyse LLC – Debt Purchasing, Selling, and Collections
Skip Tracer (Clerical/Administrative Department)
August 2005 – July 2006
- Assisted voluntary and legal collection departments by using online databases and other various methods to gain pertinent information on
- Maintained work queues, created workflow documents, and suggested procedural improvements
Lincoln Electric – Welding Equipment Manufacturer
Pemserter Press Operator
May 2005 – August 2005
- Received and analyzed blue prints for welding equipment parts
- Constructed welding equipment parts using pemserter press machine and prepped for assembly